Monday, June 22, 2020

The news


It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.  At 6 am, the sunlight was already pouring through the rain splattered windows.  And lighting up the dust.  Monday was once my housecleaning day, but since I'm home all the time now, meh.  


Yesterday I made John gnocchi for Father's Day, his favorite food.  He would probably take gnocchi over steak or lobster, go figure. That's probably because he only gets it a couple times a year.


I made them by hand, so they're softer than those bullets spit out by the hand-cranked Bee-Bo gnocchi maker.

As was pointed out, these are somewhat misshapen, a quality control issue that does not affect taste. Next time, I might delegate that "fork part" to the former Boeing airplane technician.  I'm sure there's a YouTube video on it.


Amanda sent me this picture of the hens enjoying some garden greens. How big and lovely they've grown.  Good job, girls. They had a close call this weekend with "Basil," the pretty black and white speckled one.


She suddenly became quite sick! Lethargic, not eating, one bleary eye open. They isolated her in a straw box away from the rest of the flock, and Nova did her best job nursing over the weekend.

There isn't much to be done for an ailing chicken, other than offering electrolytes. (Hope for the best, expect the worst.)  But after a couple days, she was pecking as normal and ready to go back with her girl friends in the coop.  A chicken miracle.  I told Nova, maybe she ate too many greens and got a tummy ache.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, I have two gnocchi boards - I will give you one and the technician can roll to his heart's content. :-)

    ReplyDelete