Wednesday, June 17, 2020

The new status symbol


I got a haircut yesterday and feel more like my old self again. Those pony tails and buns were getting real old. If Judy Woodruff, my PBS hero and role model, was brave enough to get a haircut, why not? She always looks wonderful on the evening news. You're not fooling me, that is not a Covid hairstyle.


I was the first and only person in the shop, masks were worn. I had to sign in and have a temperature check. It's sad how such a simple thing suddenly became fraught with stress and anxiety.

It was the closest I've been to another person in over 4 months (other than my dear husband, of course.) After months of avoiding people, I had this uneasy, guilty feeling I can't even describe.  It felt like adultery, or something bad!  Ha. I hope Covid hasn't made us permanently weird and antisocial.

We're finally catching a break in the weather after living under the murk all month.  A few very long and very bright days ahead, just in time for the Solstice. Rain returns for the weekend. 


2 comments: