Monday, August 10, 2009

A precious new baby is here!

This morning at 9:30 Amanda gave birth to a healthy and absolutely beautiful little baby girl. She weighs 8 pounds 12 oz. and is 19 1/2 inches long. We're stunned with happiness and gratitude for this lovely new life in our family. Amanda is tired but doing well tonight and I'm here to help out for a few days. I promise pictures soon, but to be honest my eyes are too blurred with tears of happiness tonight.

Thank you everyone for all your love and prayers.

3 comments:

  1. How exciting! Did you make it there in time to see the birth? I rode Sizzle today and trotted around a little. It took about 30 minutes to get her to understand what I wanted but after that she was willing. We had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Sue! What a sweet, emotional time. It sounds like Amanda did great. You will find it amazing how such a tiny little creature can dominate an entire household. Waiting for photos whenever you can post them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jen-- tell Sizzle I told her to behave!

    ReplyDelete