Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Mixed bag

 


Kind of a yucky mix of rain and wet snow yesterday. Pretty at times, but it made a mess of the roads. Doesn't take much to throw everything into chaos here. And more snow on the way this week.

I fiddled the day away inside with a new toy, an Apple watch I got "free" with a bunch of those saved credit card reward points. I had a Fitbit, but it didn't get along with my iPhone. Fitbits are big on measuring steps, 10,000 a day being the arbitrary gold standard. 

No surprise, the Apple watch is more sophisticated. Among many other snoopy personal things, it tracks your daily activity, exercise and standing. Standing? I blew through the activity goal by noon (hey, I'm a busy person) but at the end of the day still behind on just standing around. One of my least favorite things to so.

Oh well. I refuse to set that buzzy alert to move every 45 minutes. At my age, don't you think a person should be allowed to sit down with a book or take a little afternoon nap without being goaded by a watch? Ha!

Anyway, like so much technology, what a time-waster. Here we are the end of November and I haven't even written the Christmas card letter, bought a tree, much less decorated the house. John is already badgering me about what Christmas cookies to make. He's crazy about dates, and his mother made a date nut ball cookie. It's a diabolical recipe, because you have to roll the scalding hot dough into little balls. I don't make them very often. Along with that, the standard decorated sugar cookies, coconut dream bars, shortbread, Russian teacakes, etc etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment