Friday, November 11, 2022

Chilly jam

 


I finally made it to the outdoor ukulele jam at Good Society Brewery. It was cold yesterday but we had fun and attracted quite a bit of attention on this busy corner of California Avenue. Some of these folks have been performing together for years. Ukulele players can be great hams! The brewery is only 4 blocks from home, so I walked over with my little travel uke and the ipad.

That's my friend Chic in the red coat. By sharing our ipads, binders and loose handouts we found all the songs, but it's tricky switching through different media like that.

Each week someone sends out new song links so you have to keep up on downloading, which I have not.  Most of the material is more challenging the Ukes, where we just use the same old binders with chords on each song.

The Ukes music...pretty lazy stuff.

And an example of a WS Ukulele Players song. Not to mention, reading this is hard on a small screen plus you have to know the chords. Duh. 

So Friday already. The Seahawks play in Munich on Sunday. We get to watch the game starting at 6:30 am, a weird time to hear football going in the house. 

John is helping me make enchiladas this afternoon with leftover Costco rotisserie chicken, probably the best use for it. The only thing better is leftover roast turkey, coming soon.  

As you know, John loves slicing food into mathematically precise pieces while admiring his own knife-sharpening skills. Which I must admit, are impressive. I doubt there is a single chef in Seattle (other than a fanatical sushi chef) with sharper Japanese knives. I've learned the hard way, the big trick is staying out of urgent care. Mindful cutting!

Have a good weekend dear family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment