Saturday, November 3, 2018

The Mulch Men


Getting the beds mulched for the winter turned out to be surprisingly easy, after so much angst and stress. The new landscaping company I called on Tuesday was here on Friday, record time for Seattle, where everything takes forever.  The other places haven't even called me back yet.

They brought in 3 cubic yards of compost in a truck and unloaded it by hand. To put that in perspective, 3 yards is about 3,000 pounds and 30 big wheelbarrows full.  A lot. 

I was so relieved I didn't get the blower truck, as they have a 10 YARD minimum and we would have been buried alive!

It took about 2 hours for the guys to spread it yesterday morning. I could hardly contain my glee. Now all the beds have a nice 2-3 inch layer of fresh compost with enough left over for some neglected corners. A perfect amount.

Oh, what a relief it is. No dirty leaves this year.

Before
After
Before
After

No comments:

Post a Comment