Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Light in the window


We have this sweet candle that I put up each Christmas. It has a built-in light sensor, and glowed all day yesterday, it was so wet, so chilly, so DARK, so typical Seattle in November.  We got spoiled this month with many sunny days.  Now our short winter in the lowlands begins, and snow starts to pile up in the Cascade and Olympic Mountains. We have 8 hours of daylight in Seattle. Sorta.

Today is "Giving Tuesday," a type of penance, I suppose, after the orgy of Black Friday and Cyber Monday shopping.  I got a bit carried away myself.  I didn't buy anything big, or even spend that much money (I think) but there were all sorts of little temptations at Macy's and elsewhere dangling that free shipping carrot. Click, click, click.  Soon the UPS guys will beat a path to the door.

Speaking of giving, the Big Bird that keeps on giving transforms magically into turkey enchiladas tonight.  Sorta.



No comments:

Post a Comment