Saturday, November 10, 2018

Don't the room look purdy?


And my mini-closet clean and tidy.  Well, at least for a while.
This little project really turned our lives upside down for a week.  The walls were in such bad shape, of course it took Casey twice as long to do the repairs, four days instead of two. But we're used to that sort of thing around here.  You never know what you're going to find when you start messing with a 100 year old house.

Last night we shoved all that big furniture from the living room back into the bedroom. Across the floor and then carpet, changing the sliders along the way.  A back-breaking job, especially for the furniture lifter (not me.)  Finally, we poured a couple of big glasses of wine and baked potatoes with chili on top for dinner. Then I spent Saturday morning cleaning floors and vacuuming up gallons of displaced dust.

 Finally. Done. Hooray.

3 comments:

  1. I love that Mission style of furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I don't know? I think a certain landscape will be frozen over before the trumpet comes out of the case.

    ReplyDelete