Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Palm Springs weekend


I'm listening to rain beating on the window and contemplating tomorrow's forecast for Palm Springs: hot and (unfortunately) extremely windy in the afternoon.  But after Thursday it looks like things settle into normal desert spring weather, with highs near 90 and lows in the 60's.

That will feel good, since haven't even come close to 60 yet in Seattle this year.  Not to mention, well and truly drying out for a few days.   I'm looking at the pile of summer clothes I never wear and thinking, really?  Packing for a warm weather trip is always fun.

We're dividing our stay between the old spa motel we like in Desert Hot Springs, and a bed and breakfast place in downtown Palm Springs.  We'll go up the aerial tram and to Shield's Date Garden as usual, but other than that no special plans. Last night I was watching Rick Steves on PBS lead an intrepid group on an educational but exhausting tour through Poland.  A "non-adventure" vacation is pretty nice now and then.

I'll try and check in with some pictures as the weekend progresses, if I don't get too lazy.


No comments:

Post a Comment