Thursday, March 16, 2017

As promised, the cake report


I try to not say "OMG" in any text, blog or email, but-- OMG, what a cake.  Was it that chopped up TJ candy bar?  The pinch of black pepper?  The whiskey?  The coffee? The extra dark Hershey's cocoa powder?

Or the fresh whipped cream.  What a dense and delicious dessert, almost like eating a dark truffle,  but not cloyingly sweet.  That recipe made an enormous cake, so I squirreled away half in my little freezer for later.  


It stopped raining briefly yesterday afternoon and a strange, blinding light appeared in the sky. A real sun break.  I ventured out like a blinking mole from its burrow to have a look at the soggy garden.

Weeds growing everywhere! The crocus were flattened from the rain, but the daffodils are finally starting to bloom and the tulip leaves look sturdy poking up from the mulch.  The garden loves a good Spring drenching, and now we just need a touch o' warmth. 

2 comments:

  1. Do I recognize Blue Willow Pattern dishes? They look very like my Churchill ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have Churchhill, too. I love it!

    ReplyDelete