Thursday, September 12, 2024

Watercolor

 

 

Our next door neighbor in Twisp, Bethany Wray, is a well-know artist in the valley. We already have several of her watercolor prints, which she sells at the Saturday market. I bought this new one on a scorching hot day in August because I liked the cool colors of the North Cascades winter scene. I framed it myself to take back to the Twisp house. Nice!

I was out in the yard early this morning, chipping away slowly but surely at the fall chores. It looks like rain this weekend, plus we're getting our annual Covid shots tomorrow, which renders me useless for a couple of days. Shots seem to have no effect whatsoever on John, lucky him.

The roses looked just ghastly, covered in black spot and assorted diseases because I refuse to spray. So I pruned them back, almost to the ground. Tough love works with roses. 

Since we had that rain, everything came back to life, weeds in particular. There are many beautiful and inspirational quotes about September, but I like this funny one:

"September is summer's hangover." Anon.




No comments:

Post a Comment