Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Patty pan and pickles

Along with melon, peaches and corn, I bought some big beautiful patty pan squash at Lone Pine. John sliced them horizontally for a "Squash Parmesan" recipe.

 


Summer squash, when it gets large, can be seedy and watery, but these were perfect. Frankly, I liked it as much or better than eggplant parm.

All the local produce in the Valley this week was amazing. It is peak season for vegetables. Many people have huge gardens and they're happy to share the bounty. I made the tomato sandwich of my dreams. 

Karen gave me these cucumbers for fridge pickles, also a pint of precious honey from Bruce's backyard hives. So generous. 

Well, today is a big day. Our new range and hood are scheduled for installation this afternoon. They can take the old grease splattered ones with them! 


No comments:

Post a Comment