Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Chop, chop

 


We are busy this morning making a double batch of chutney. The big chore is chopping, which my kitchen assistant enjoys. Then everything goes into the pot at once and it simmers down for a couple of hours before I can it. Easy.

This is an old recipe called "Washington Chutney" that I've been making since the 1980's, and good on curry. It ages in the jar nicely, coming to peak flavor in about a year.

 

What else is cookin' around here? I took a chance on this Safeway brand bottle of Pad Thai sauce.
 

I am not known for my Thai cooking skills and expectations were low, but it made a decent and easy summer noodle dish. No cilantro, so used fresh basil instead with chopped peanuts on top. 

Rice noodles can be tricky to cook. They are all different and the package instructions impossible to read. You can wind up with a white, sticky lump that looks like a jellyfish. I lucked out this time.


No comments:

Post a Comment