Friday, July 12, 2024

Wrapping up

 


Amanda, Tom and the girls are headed to Wenatchee now to spend the weekend with friends. That family is always on the go. The girls came down to cool off in the river before they left. We still have a heat advisory going, with temps near 100.

It was a busy morning for me, mopping the floors, changing the bed (thank you, new washing machine) and gathering up random trash that just seems to accumulate.  I took several large black bags to the Twisp transfer station and heaved it in for only $15. How satisfying. John will be thrilled to see the clean garage.

We generally carry all our kitchen garbage and recycling back to Seattle in the car. Depending on how long we're here, and how much cooking I do, it isn't usually a big deal, but kind of nasty in the summer heat.

So I have a quiet last afternoon and evening ahead, looking forward to cold chicken and salad for dinner. I'll hit the road back to Seattle early tomorrow. 

This time of year there's a nice little swimming hole in front of the house. Might take a final dip myself, just like Maya. Yes, the snowmelt water is cold.



No comments:

Post a Comment