Monday, July 1, 2024

July

 

Peach pie, oh my. It was as good as it looks. 

I bought some amazing peaches this week for $1.29 a pound with a digital coupon, probably the best we'll have all summer. When I went back for more yesterday, they charged me $4.50 for just three. Apparently that coupon was a once shot deal. You have to watch the fine print when doing business with Mr. Safeway. 

July arrives with a good stretch of summer weather. It usually rains on the 4th in Seattle, but not this year. The temperatures will be close to 90 by the end of the week and the chorus of heat complainers will start up soon. People love their cool, cloudy days here.

It's a busy week. The West Seattle Senior Center recently rebranded itself as the Center for Active Living (don’t ask me why) and they asked if I was interested in helping to design a float for the West Seattle Grand Parade on July 20, then walking the route handing out leaflets. The last time I did that was 40 years ago with Amanda's gymnastic group. John says the next time I'll probably be in one of those retirement home vans. Ha!



No comments:

Post a Comment