Thursday, February 25, 2021

Venturing out

When the world comes back, will I be able to keep up? What a quiet and secluded life we live. 

I went to the Macy's store yesterday with a return, rather than sending it back in the mail. I haven't been to the mall in over a year, and was curious how things have changed at my old stomping ground.

It was early and the parking lot was almost empty. The few people shopping inside were all wearing masks, including the little kids.  I honestly expected to see more closed stores, but many have managed to somehow hang on.

However, a noticeable lack of merchandise in larger stores like Penny's and Macy's: sparse racks and tables, empty floor spaces. Once you went to the flagship store for the best selection, now it's online. 

I walked my usual store circuit and got quite tired. Maybe it was the mask, or just the weariness of this new shopping world, but I've lost my old mall stamina! Still, it was nice doing something familiar. I found a few Easter things for the girls, etc. and had a good time.

And here's someone else venturing out again.  That's Dad at the grocery store "Sprouts," shopping with my sister Marji for the first time in a year. She put him right back to work at his old job pushing the cart. 

They also managed a trip this week to Floyd Lamb Park to check in with their bird friends. Bit by bit, a slow return to normal.


No comments:

Post a Comment