Friday, February 19, 2021

Salad rolls and pot stickers

 

That's a cute picture of the kids celebrating Chinese New Year with a special dinner. Love those happy faces and miss them so much. I can't believe we haven't seen them since last summer.

The snow is almost gone from the yard. Finally. Usually by mid-February, we have some pleasant 50 degrees days, but we're stuck with daily rain and chilly temperatures probably through the end of the month.

I heard on the news this morning that "45% of people in Washington state are depressed." Goodness. But I'm not surprised. March and April will surely be much better months as we turn the corner on so much negativity.

Speaking of turning a new leaf, yesterday afternoon I pulled my closet and drawers apart and made a box for the charity store. So many dusty clothes I haven't worn for over a year, and most likely never will again. 

My depressing pandemic uniform is stretchy black yoga pants with a long sleeve shirt (winter) or black tee-shirt (summer.) I also weighed myself for the first time in months and got a rude surprise. No wonder those old jeans feel snug. 

There is something about pants with zippers to keep you on the straight and narrow. I caught a reflection of my bundled up self on a walk in hat and hood, and I looked like the Queen Mother in Scotland.

Have a good weekend and wherever you are, I hope the weather isn't too horrible.  We can't really complain about 40 degrees and rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment