Thursday, February 18, 2021

All in the prep

 

The Sous Chef prepped all in the ingredients for the stir-fry last night. After that, the actual cooking part is just a snap. 

Quite precise and time-consuming, did you know a complex chopping job like this requires selection of razor sharp Japanese knives?  They look more like samurai daggers and swords to me. (I am not allowed to touch them, nor do I want to.)

Yes, I'm getting spoiled. After giving the detailed chopping instructions, I can come back hours later and the job is done!  Everybody is happy. It's better anyway if I don't watch, as I might start screaming at the extreme fussiness :-) In the old days, it would have been a rough chop with the favorite paring knife.

OK. Almost a week now since we had the second Pfizer shot, and the implications are just starting to sink in.  Namely, that our chances of dying or getting seriously ill from Covid have suddenly dropped to about zero. It's an overwhelming thought to process.

After a year of social isolation and doing only the most necessary errands, I can go back to some ordinary pleasures like a trip to Marshall's or the grocery store without so much anxiety. Of course, I'll continue to wear a mask, social distance etc. etc. This isn't over yet, but folks there's a light on the horizon. I've never been a cheerleader for Big Pharma, but thank you from the bottom of my heart. 

My sister and Dad in Las Vegas also got their second doses yesterday. As for visits, I read this advice recently: "If you and your elderly relative are both fully immunized, the benefits of a visit far outweigh the very slight risk."  We are so lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment