Sunday, December 13, 2009

"I'd rather be a sparrow than a snail..."

Especially if I could be painted by Paul Margoscy. I ran across his watercolors while I was searching the Internet for bird photos to "borrow." Here's a link:

http://www.mckenziegallery.com.au/Paul%20Margocsy%20Exhibition.htm

Speaking of birds, I wonder where they were hanging out during this sub-freezing week? They usually drain a feeder of sunflower seeds in a couple of days, but I've hardly seen any in the yard since the cold snap started. Even the crows are laying low. But yesterday afternoon I heard the chickadees again when the temperature finally got above freezing. They were flying back and forth to the feeder-- but no sparrows, and few finches right now.

Finally, we are warming up in Seattle. It was above freezing this morning, with plain old rain expected all next week and back in the 40's. A typical, dismal forecast that sounds good for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment