Thursday, December 31, 2009

Late start

My early morning friends may be wondering if I was sleeping late this last day of the year. Nope! I just spent 3 hours in Browser Purgatory, with much pestering of my technical support person. So much as I hate having to learn new technology for no good reason, I'm on to Firefox-- Internet Explorer having driven me to distraction trying to compose in Blogger under Windows 7.

Anyway, last night we were too lazy to even watch a movie, so we sat through another episode of "Rick Steves Europe Through the Backdoor" on PBS. Rick Steves is a staple of public television around here; he's on every single night, sometimes twice. No matter where he goes he takes his penny pinching ways with him, but he's interesting in a predictable and dullish way. We're not getting any younger and the globe isn't getting any smaller, so TV travel programs are probably as close as we're going to get to many of these places.


Last night Steves was in Czechoslovakia (or I should say, The Czech Republic) with a newer program. In Prague there is a large, beautiful Alphonse Mucha museum. It reminded me of how much I've always liked art deco, and Mucha was one of the most prolific artists of the period. And also one of the most reproduced-- you can find hundreds of images for sale with a simple Google search.



Jaroslava

Well, the last day of 2009 "dawned" grey, wet and cold in Seattle. We're dragging ourselves away from our devices to visit a real (not virtual) museum for a change. More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment