Thursday, December 24, 2009

Have a wonderful Christmas eve!

If you have little ones in the house, I know this can be a very "exciting" day :-)
Amanda, Tom and baby Nova are driving over to Seattle this afternoon, and will spend Christmas eve with Grandma Irene, Grandpa Dave and their family. Amanda said they will sneak in our house about the time Santa is out and about, and wake up with us here. We're so excited about Nova's first Christmas! What WILL Santa bring her?

In the meantime, plenty to keep me busy today. I made a New York style cheesecake (a once a year thing) and just one more batch of sugar cookies for tomorrow.

It was a beautiful day in Seattle, so we decided to drive to Alki beach for some lunch at Spud's.
John had fish and chips:
And I had oysters-- yum!
And the seagulls got lots of fries. Merry Christmas birds!
Then we dropped by the barn to check on Sizzle and give her an Fuji apple and candy cane-- her favorite holiday treats. Lucky horse!
Now we're home to stay for a quiet afternoon and evening. But I'm not done cooking, since I promised John homemade gnocchi tonight-- like Sizzle's candy cane, a once a year treat for him.
Dear friends and family, I hope you have a beautiful and peaceful Christmas Eve and a joyous, fun-filled day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment