Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Frigid in Seattle

Our normal daytime temperatures this time of year are usually in the 40's, but today we won't get out of the 20's.
After cleaning up the kitchen last night, I stepped outside for a breath of air like I usually do. Aha, I thought! So this is what the Yukon smells like. The "polar express" is flowing straight into the Puget Sound area bringing dry, frigid and unbelievably clean air down from the Arctic.

I stopped at Alki Beach this morning, deserted except for some intrepid dog walkers, and took a few pictures. The air was crystal clear, and the snowy mountains a beautiful sight across the water.
Later I stopped at the barn to check on Sizzle (fine) and gave her a favorite seasonal treat (candy cane.) Looks like this cold snap will last all week, with a slight chance of snow by Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment