Friday, May 17, 2024

Back and forth we go

 

 

We've done plenty of driving in the past two weeks. I'm getting too familiar with the fast food outlets of Cle Elum. I know, that's pretty lame, but it's still the easiest pit stop on the trip to Twisp. We're going over again tomorrow. John is just staying 2 nights, but I plan to come home on Thursday before the Memorial Day traffic heats up. We will take both cars and burn up some expensive gas. Almost $5 a gallon in Washington lucky us.

I was busy yesterday morning on the computer and didn't have time to blog. Plus I didn't have much to say, although that's never stopped me from posting in the past. Ha. The problem is, my eyes can only take so much early morning screen time and I have to ration myself.

We are working on the final preparations for Dad's June memorial service in Colorado, and are honored that so many relatives and friends are coming from all over the country. This is a big deal because Cripple Creek is not an easy place to get to. Some are driving, but many (like us) are flying to Denver then taking rental cars up to the mountain town, about 100 miles each way.

The service will be held at the historic Elks Lodge in Cripple Creek, where our parents were active members for many years. Following the memorial, we will lay his ashes to rest next to our mom at their family plot, and the local VFW will do a flag salute graveside. We only had a simple graveside gathering when Mom passed away. It was beautiful, but this large memorial is very much for both of them.

Have a good weekend.

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment