Wednesday, May 8, 2024

All in the method

 







These are so good if you take the time to do them right: first parboil the peppers, make a rice and sausage filling with onion and garlic, fill and top with mozzarella cheese, then bake for an hour. Homemade marinara sauce on the side. 

Those beautiful sweet peppers were only a dollar each at Safeway. I had some leftover brown saffron rice which made them even better. Life is good.

I could get used to this weather, with the sun coming up in a clear blue sky. We're on final countdown for the Gonzaga University graduation on Saturday. 

It looks like a sunny drive across the state Friday. To put it in perspective, the distance to Spokane is about 40 miles longer than Twisp, but it's freeway driving so the travel time is about the same. 

Way back in February, I made hotel reservations for two nights in downtown Spokane, and a good thing, because the town is sold out for graduation weekend, with visiting family and friends getting gouged on prices. So be it.

The "Melting Pot" was the only restaurant that would reserve our group on Saturday night. Fondue? It sounds kind of hokey and fun. The town will be one big party.


1 comment:

  1. Interestingly, stuffed bell peppers (green ones) was the last meal my mom had before presenting me to the world a number of years ago Tuesday. I bequeath to you my share of the world's bell peppers as I have never liked them.

    ReplyDelete