Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Speaking of natural

 

It looks like wild boars were rooting here, but it's raccoons, pulling up moss at night looking for goodies like grubs and worms. The ground is soft and wet, so this won't be nearly as much fun when it finally dries out.

If we had a fine lawn, I'd get more excited. But there was an old container of "Critter Ridder" out in the shed, so I spread the granules around like a party pooper. I went to the hardware store, and a small bag of grass seed was $25. Isn't inflation exhausting sometimes? You start sounding like an old person, "I remember when!"

I'm driving to Twisp today to see what the critters have been up to over there. The snow is gone now in town, but we never had time for fall cleanup so I expect the yard and deck will be kind of a mess.


No comments:

Post a Comment