Wednesday, April 26, 2023

National Pretzel Day



German pretzels are soft and bread-like and come in every imaginable shape and size. Like French baguettes, they're always consumed on the same day they're baked. 

Hard pretzels originated at the Sturgis Pretzel House in Lititz, Pennsylvania. Unlike soft pretzels, these could be stored in an airtight container and snacked on at will. As well I know, if there's a bag of pretzels in the house.

Switching gears, check out this amazing sweater Nova is crocheting, without any pattern! I'd like to take credit, but all I did was show her the most basic techniques a few years ago, and now she far surpasses my abilities. 

Well, it's Wednesday, so I'm off to the Cafe. Duty calls. Frankly, I'd rather work in the garden on this beautiful spring day.




No comments:

Post a Comment