Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Mid week already

 

That means my shift at the Senior Center Cafe. What will the day bring?

Stir fry last night with baby bok choy and a pile of mung bean sprouts I bought at Uwajimaya Market on Monday. John does all the chopping for dishes like this now, slowly and precisely, with everything in uniform sized pieces right down to the ginger and garlic slivers. 

I'm getting spoiled, because once the prep is done, cooking just about anything is a piece of cake. With brown rice, stir fry is a no-guilt meal that gets a lot of mileage from a single chicken breast. (Sorry, mixed metaphor day.)

I've been watching the Tahiti flight on the FlightStats app this morning, making the long, overnight flight up to Seattle. Hopefully the travelers are getting some sleep; the plan is to drive back to the Methow Valley this afternoon. That's what I call a long day of travel.



No comments:

Post a Comment