Friday, April 21, 2023

Potentilla shrub

 


I did a tough love pruning on the Potentillas yesterday, the closest thing we have to a garden bed. The previous owners planted them along the front of the house, and what a great choice. They can withstand being buried in snow and 30 degrees below zero, plus the deer don't touch them. In the winter, they look like ugly dead tumbleweeds until they come back to life and bloom all summer.

So yesterday was taken up mostly with chores, although I walked to the bakery with my neighbor for tea and had dinner with Amanda and Maya. Tom and Nova were at play practice, going almost every night now that the opening of "Wizard of Oz" is a week away. I had 12,000 steps on my watch by the end of the day, so no wonder I was tired.

The morning had started out nice but then turned into a cold and grey afternoon. Looks like the same pattern today, so I'm getting my bike out early, now that it's safe to ride around town again.

The final traces of the winter quickly disappearing-- the last dying snow berms. It was a hard one, even by Twisp standards.

We're losing patience with this cold spring on both sides of the mountains. I read that yesterday was the coldest April 20th in 130 years in Seattle. But it might finally hit 70 next week. Promises, promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment