Monday, March 21, 2022

Whew

 

 

"The Fantastic Mr. Fox" cast
Children's Theater at the Merc Playhouse
Photo from Methow Valley News

 

It's not often that I'm too busy to take photos and yak on the blog, but I was too busy to take photos and yak on the blog.

We had a good trip although it turned into a whirlwind. We left Saturday morning instead of Friday as originally planned, and went to the play that same night. A long day but a delightful experience and Nova was splendid as Mrs. Rabbit. An impressive budding actress in the family.

Uncle Dave and Nova

Then on Sunday morning, hosted a big brunch at the house, followed by a family dinner in the evening. Lots of fun but River House (and me) got quite a workout in 48 hours.

The reason for the day late departure from Seattle: I was making corned beef sandwiches for the road early Friday morning (dark kitchen, lack of mindfulness with a razor sharp cleaver) and I managed to slice my fingernail quite dramatically leading to a trip to Urgent Care. I'll spare you the gory details. No stitches but typing is painful and if the blog isn't regular as clockwork, no worries, all is well.

John even found time to hang my new sign up outside the front door...

No comments:

Post a Comment