Wednesday, March 23, 2022

One day wonder

Yesterday was the warmest day of the year so far-- a scorching 60 degrees in Seattle. Yes, it felt good, and everything is bursting out in bloom along my walk route. 

It was warm enough to sit outside for a bit after dinner, finish my wine and listen to our neighbor's assortment of noisy gas power tools: mower, weed-eater, edger, blower. He's a yard perfectionist and likes to work late in the day when people would enjoy some peace and quiet. A sure sign summer is coming.

Back to winter-like rain today. It's been a chilly spring. 

With the bright sun streaming through filthy windows, I cleaned out my dusty closet and drawers yesterday and made a big black bag to take over to the charity store. 

Hey, if I didn't wear it before the pandemic, I'm sure not going to now. My ugly go-to uniform for 2+ years has been stretchy pants with a long sleeve t-shirt. And so much black! Old ladies should not wear such depressing clothes! Ha. Well, at least this looks a little bit brighter.



No comments:

Post a Comment