Thursday, March 10, 2022

A cool, wet spring

 

Above normal precipitation expected in the Northwest, meaning dreary spring weather ahead but good news for the water supply. More snow pack in the mountains, and rain for the dry land farmers in eastern Washington and Idaho.

I had a fairly stress-free drive home and it took about five hours, not bad factoring in a couple of stops. I picked up a pie for John at Lone Pine and yes, another smoothie (raspberry) to get me over Blewett Pass. Wednesday seems like a good day for lighter traffic which makes all the difference. Sometimes on the freeway, it feels like you accidentally wandered into the middle of a car race. Such aggression.

I'm not complaining, but it's a mental adjustment going between two places that are so different. Of course, that's why people go to the trouble of keeping vacation getaways. Instead of a river, I'm looking at a construction site across the street. On the plus side, anything I could possibly need is within a mile radius of here. The trick is to enjoy the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment