Thursday, March 3, 2022

Dear cards

 

Amanda has taught her girls to write personalized thank you cards, which is a lovely and old-fashioned habit. Yes, I'm biased, but Nova's artwork is beautiful. Look at those mountains and the stylish lettering.

Neither girl has a cell phone, which I suppose by city standards is unusual. That doesn't mean they don't sneak off with their mom's iPhone to play games, and Nova has a Chromebook for school. Maya sends me cute text messages sometimes, she loves emojis, but neither girls have email accounts, as far as I know.

Amanda and I were talking recently and Facebook came up in the conversation. Maya said, "What's Facebook?" How sweet is that? And sweet faces to go with it. 


The weather looks fine across the state, so I'm driving to Twisp tomorrow with a bunch of stuff I collected recreational shopping these boring winter months. I'll stay for a few days and putter around the house which sounds like heaven. Winter isn't over in the Valley yet, but we're over the hump. In the meteorological world at least, Spring begins on March 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment