Tuesday, October 27, 2020

We all have our gifts

 

And mine is definitely not puzzles. In fairness, some of that might be lack of practice. In the Before Time, I was too busy to sit down and puzzle over puzzles. I thought that was something for elderly bored people!  Well old girl, welcome to the club. 

So last week I bought myself this 300-piece puzzle for practice. I know, I know, a smart kid could knock it off in an hour. But is there a law that says puzzles have to be diabolically difficult to be "fun?"  Beginners must begin somewhere. 

The person I live with (who happens to be very good at puzzles) snickers and makes snarky comments as he walks by, like "some people just can't see what's in front of them." Or my favorite, "I guess some people's minds work in different ways."  Indeed they do, and anyone who has been married a long time knows this.

Between the seasons changing, the election, and the depressing pandemic raging on, this week feels weirdly suspended time. I've lived a long time, and have never experienced anything remotely like this.Thank goodness for cute rabbit puzzles. Keep believing the pieces will fit back together again someday.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sue, I'm trying to write a book and I could use JT's help. Send him this way, I'll give him something to work on to keep him busy.

    ReplyDelete