Thursday, October 1, 2020

October

 

We're packing up this morning for the drive to the Methow Valley.  Maya is turning 8, that magic age when kids can go on trail rides at Sun Mountain Lodge. Nova and I rode three years ago for her birthday, and Maya has been patiently waiting her turn.  This is time, there will be four of us--Amanda, Nova, Maya and me. (I offered to rent John a horse, but he declined :-)

It's been a long summer, with none of the usual enjoyable things for the kids, so we're all looking forward to this treat. I've been very horse deprived myself.

The weather is good, although unfortunately the skies are hazy from the California wildfires. This will be our last trip over the North Cascades Highway for the year.



3 comments:

  1. Hi Sue! Happy Birthday to Maya! Anytime you want to stop by here and get your "horse fix", the two I have would love the attention. Have a good ride, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. To paraphrase TR*, there's something about the outside of a horse that's good for the inside of a person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true dear follower friends. Thanks for the nice comments.

    ReplyDelete