Thursday, May 3, 2018

Viper coming up




Most jokes go in my ear and right out the other side, but who could forget the "The Viper," from our sitting-around-the-campfire-telling-scary-stories days?

Yesterday morning was brilliantly sunny, nicely highlighting all the winter dust and grime. I woke up with a sudden desire to clean house and thought I'd better take advantage of it.  So the vindow viper viped the windows, and the house looks about 30% lighter. Even John noticed it when he got home, and it takes a fair amount of housework to get his attention. I usually just squirt the outside windows with that Windex attachment on the garden hose, but I actually got out the ladder and did a proper job of it, as they would say in England.

What a nice surprise yesterday, my good friend Candi from Poulsbo came over after a morning meeting in Seattle.  We had a nice visit and it made my day. It also made me sad for the time when friends and neighbors would casually drop by, and we were always having dinners and parties. Now everyone is so busy, not to mention the awful logistics of getting around in Seattle traffic.  A dinner invitation on the other side of town means a punishing drive for the invitee. We just don't do those things much anymore.

Oh yes, and Happy Birthday, Dave!  Hope you have a great day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment