Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Lilacs in the dooryard


I read this morning that it was the third wettest April on record. The average rainfall in Seattle is 2 inches and we had almost 6.  It felt chilly, but the month was actually a degree or so above normal, with warmer nighttime temperatures. What does that mean?  It means the plants are very happy.  I think it will be a glorious June for roses.

It doesn't really feel like spring until the lilacs bloom, and they were late this year. I know this because I've written about the lilacs on the blog every single year since 2009.  Guess there are some things we never get tired of. 


Speaking of younger than springtime, I want to share a great picture of our Dad at the firing range this week in Las Vegas, target practicing with my sister and her friends.   Yes folks, that would be a bull's eye.  And yes, he's 93 years young.  Way, to go Dad!


No comments:

Post a Comment