Friday, May 11, 2018

Geese, wine and iPod magic


Floyd Lamb Park was quiet and peaceful for our early morning walk.  The temperature has cooled down to the low 90's, just about perfect for the desert.

The goslings have learned a thing or two from their elders about handouts.

Hoards of hungry teenage geese.

A stop at Trader Joes' to replenish the home wine supply.  Happy Mother's Day, Marji!

Oh yes, Dad put in a special request for crab cakes.  I will follow the recipe on the back of this big can of "fresh" crab from Trader Joes.  Wish me luck.


Last but not least, I introduced Dad to the magic of the Apple iPod and my Bose noise cancelling, Bluetooth headphones. He was excited because they fit comfortably over his hearing aids.  I went out yesterday afternoon to do a little shopping and left him alone with his favorite music, Beethoven's Ninth Symphony.   Two hours later when I got back, he was in the same place with the same rapt expression on his face. The iPod was on repeat, and he was so entranced with the sound he listened to it twice without realizing it, until the Ode to Joy came around for a second time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment