Thursday, August 17, 2017

Eclipse mania



The eclipse is still five days away, but traffic is already backing up in central Oregon.  It will be the biggest crowd event in state history, with about a million people headed to the 60 mile wide "zone of totality." They are telling everyone to go days early, because traffic is expected to be gridlock on Monday morning.

As luck would have it, I'm going to Twisp on Monday to spend a couple days with the girls. I have no idea how this traffic nightmare will impact the roads in eastern Washington, but some people will probably try and find a back way down to the zone, avoiding I-5 and the main Oregon roads.

I'll just have to watch the traffic reports and see how it unfolds. I have all day to get there. It should be pretty impressive right here in Seattle, and I don't want to be on the road during the eclipse. What they're calling the "biggest driver distraction event in history."

No comments:

Post a Comment