Monday, July 31, 2017

Mellow yellow



I was in Las Vegas last week when Tom was painting the shed, and he asked what color to paint the door? I said, "surprise me."

He picked an old Benjamin Moore paint called "Viking Yellow," a take-no-prisoners, vibrant shade. I love the contrast against the blue. How cheerful primary colors look on dark winter days.

The painter Vincent Van Gogh liked the color of sunshine. Writing to his sister from the south of France in 1888, he said, "Now we are having beautiful warm, windless weather that is very beneficial to me. The sun, a light that for lack of a better word I can only call yellow, bright sulfur yellow, pale lemon gold. How beautiful yellow is!"


And how beautiful these summer days are.  It lulls you into believing they will go on forever.  After a hectic week of travel and company, the house and garden are eerily quiet this morning. I think the bunny went into hiding.

Speaking of vibrant and energetic, how about these kids?









No comments:

Post a Comment