Thursday, March 28, 2013

Swamp cabbage

Lysichiton americanus

I was so busy messing and fiddling with my technology yesterday morning I didn't even have time to write a blog post.  Go figure. I suppose I could learn to blog from my iPhone on the go, but the folks at Firefox (my preferred browser) don't get along with the folks at Apple.  It's complicated.

Skeeter
I was also out of the house early-- Dolly is away this week and I've been checking on the horses.  It was warm, calm day in the foothills.  I've been going out there for many years and it's nice to see familiar things happening in the same place each spring.  Skunk cabbage blooming down in the creek, and this clump of daffodils always by the arena.
The trees are  just starting to leaf out and the horses are going crazy for the lush grass after a winter of hay.  I rode around an empty pasture yesterday on Skeeter but he would rather have been in there eating.
From the field I could see the Snoqualmie River across the road, looking pretty ravaged. Each spring there's a completely new riverbed scoured out from winter flooding.
This morning it's raining hard in Seattle, but we're being promised a warm and dry Easter weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment