Friday, March 22, 2013

Spring snow



I'm late getting to my computer this morning-- I was busy pestering Siri.  She has a bit of a lip if you ask her several times in a row, "Do you still like me?" 

Then I wanted to know if she thought I was annoying? She replied, "It's not about me, it's all about you, Sue." I asked how old she was (old enough to be your personal assistant.)  And so on.  I'm pushing it with my new friend.

I suppose the novelty of a phone talking back will soon wear off and I'll figure out how to do something more useful with my toy. But Nova and Maya will grow up in a world where phones have always answered your questions.  I wonder what new technology could possibly wow them, when they get to be my age?

So the news this morning is all about the weather.  A dump of wet snow is causing havoc with the morning commute, although not a flake to be seen in our corner of Seattle.

If you want to feel really cold, just watch this video of the blizzard in the Cascade mountains. The summit of Stevens Pass (4,056 foot elevation-- yes, I asked Siri) is not that far from Seattle as the crow flies.  But it looks like Antarctica up there this week. Spring, where are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment