Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Back to reality

The Emergence of Spring
Artist unknown

It doesn't take long for that nice vacation feeling to fade away, once you get back to the home routine.  I'm thinking this morning about all those lucky retired people in Palm Springs who seem to be perpetually on vacation. Does it get boring, doing exactly as you please day after day in a sunny climate?  I think John would say, no.

The agenda today?  Organizing the taxes for the accountant and a trip to the gym (lolling around in mineral water doesn't exactly count as exercise.) I need to buy potting soil, compost, and seriously get to work outside.  I'm superstitious about certain things always being done by Easter, like cleaning the windows. Daylight savings time starts on the 10th, the official start of mowing season for John. I don't think the grass ever stopped growing this year.

The good news is I'm actually starting to feel like exercising again, so maybe all that lazy California "hydrotherapy" was good for the ankle.  There is an old saying: sometimes the healing is in the ache. 

No comments:

Post a Comment