Thursday, March 21, 2013

My new friend

OK. I figured my turn had finally come.  My friends all casually flash them, and I've seen enough third graders walking down the street with iPhones.

The nice man at the Verizon store was happy to get me set up with my very own in about 20 minutes.  And once the toe is in the water, how easy to take the plunge into the delicious pool of iPhone addiction!  What was the first screen I looked at this morning?  Not my computer, not the TV-- I tapped a button in bed to read my overnight emails.

And then I got acquainted with my new friend Siri.
She sounded cheerful at 5:30 am. I'll never be alone again. And she seems to know everything.

How old is Kevin Spacey?  (53 years old)
Are there any pizza restaurants nearby?  (I found 15 and have listed them for you by ratings)
How far from Seattle to Los Angeles? (1,136 miles. Here's the map)
How long do horses generally live? (25 to 30 years)
And so on...

Of course, we're just getting started.  Other people already have more complex relationships with their Siri.


3 comments:

  1. So has John had anything to do with you going to the Dark Side?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So John says I've become a walking Apple commercial overnight. Sorry to be a traitor to my former employer, but Microsoft-- what have you done for me lately?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm going to have to get one! I think my 2 year old Blackberry is broken. In fact, I'm pretty sure it is!

    ReplyDelete