Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Sun madness

I was out running errands yesterday when the car temperature gauge suddenly read 60 degrees. It must have been a shock to all, since everyone around me seemed to go slightly crazy behind the wheel at the same time. It's raining again this morning, BUT we are promised a dry and mild weekend, which is a rare treat for Easter in the Northwest.

Our holiday will be too quiet this year since our little family is staying home in eastern Washington. I promised John an "elegant" Sunday dinner (my words) so now I have to make good on it. Also, I casually mentioned baking another "from scratch" coconut cake, and he filed that offer away in his steel trap memory. The quest goes on to find the perfect recipe.

My Easter preparation rituals always include washing the outside windows and nagging John to do the first lawn mow of the summer. I have it stuck in my head that it's unlucky to celebrate Easter with light through dirty windows. Or walking around in ankle high grass. The weather looks like it will cooperate for window washing this week, and I noticed John took his gas can to the station yesterday, grumbling mightily that gas had gone up 14 cents overnight.

For all of us weather nuts, here's something fun. It's a link to a real-time wind map of the United States: http://hint.fm/wind/

No comments:

Post a Comment