Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A few of my favorite things

From Trader Joe's:

1. Chicken potstickers
2. Frozen blueberries
3. Dijon mustard
4. Champagne citrus vinegar
5. Vegetarian egg-rolls
6. Wine
(And that French pear tart that jumped in the cart.)


Oh happy day. The long-awaited, West Seattle Trader Joe's opened on Friday after years of anticipation and months of construction delays. I breezed in and out yesterday on my way home from exercise class. The customers were giddy with happiness; the employees were smiling. I know, this sounds like some sort of shopping cult. Well? I helped myself to a mini cup of free coffee, gobbled a sample of cinnamon coffee cake and had my cart filled with favorites in no time.
And look at these wide glistening aisles, just like a real supermarket. This is a TJ store like no other, and practically in our backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment