Friday, April 6, 2012

Lost is found

On the very top shelf in the outdoor shed, laid carefully in this long bucket used to ice wine bottles at parties. Way back in October when I stashed the bottles away, I was not being Mindful.

Anyway. Tonight is the Full Pink Moon of April. According to the Farmer's Almanac, the name might come from pink phlox, one of the earliest spring flowers. Other names for April's full moon include the Full Sprouting Grass Moon, the Egg Moon, and among eastern coastal tribes the Full Fish Moon, because this was the time when shad swam upstream to spawn. I have never eaten shad, but had my share (and then some) of fried smelt growing up.

Today of course is Good Friday. Yesterday John bought me a lovely potted Easter lily at the Metropolitan Market which was a nice surprise. It doesn't seem like Easter without an Easter lily. I have a long to-do list today. A coconut cake to bake; the windows are still dirty. And then at the hardware store, I went crazy at the half-off bulb sale and created more work for myself. Now I have to figure out where to plant another 50 gladiolus, 4 cannas and 6 begonias.

No comments:

Post a Comment