Friday, May 6, 2011

No place like home


After a full day of airports and strangers, nothing feels better than home. Last night I was so hungry after hours of airline starvation I devoured half a teriyaki chicken in 10 minutes at the kitchen table. Not a pretty sight.

From where I sat on the flight to Seattle crammed in the very back of the plane, smells of cooked food came drifting back from first class. But everything went as well as it can these days, other than a short delay in Denver for some sort of "security problem." Folks are jumpy.

I see it's been raining on and off since I left Seattle and I'm looking out at a sea of green and blooming tulips. This endless cool weather has made them last for weeks. And the weeds have taken off behind my back.

John survived on a diet of take-out food, but he's down to his last clean shirt. He was happy to see me. He kept busy by listening to music and making some very nice upgrades to my laptop system, which must have been especially frustrating knowing how macs like John feel about PCs like me. The poor man was rewarded for all this effort by my whining last night, "but it looks different." I was tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment