Thursday, May 5, 2011

Headed home

Cripple Creek c. 1890

I'm waiting right now in the Colorado Springs airport for my flight to Denver, then on to Seattle later this afternoon. The sky is clear blue and it will be close to 80 today. Was it really snowing just 2 days ago? Now it's so annoying dragging around this heavy back coat, I'm tempted to jettison it in the restroom but don't want to cause some sort of security breach.

Good news for those of you who know Sam and Marge. My mom is still in the hospital but has been moved to the rehab floor and is making excellent progress. The outpouring of love, support and offers to help from their Cripple Creek community of friends was beautiful.

So homeward bound for me. I'm looking forward to sleeping at sea level tonight in my own soft bed. More tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment