Friday, July 17, 2009

Urban cowgirls


I rode to Westcrest Park for the first time yesterday with my pal Adina from the stable. Sizzle and I had such a good time we went back again today! The park is 3 blocks from our barn, and the street behind me has a great view of downtown Seattle. When you enter the little gate to the 81 acre park, you enter another world of woodland paths that wind through large stands of native trees. Sizzle and I have covered hundreds of miles in the mountains, but this was my first "urban" trail ride. I could almost pretend I was in Central Park! Well, not quite, but probably as close as I'll get to that particular daydream. She was on great behavior, even when we were surrounded by some boisterous off-lease dogs that probably never saw a horse before. Nice job, Sizzle! I think she enjoyed getting out on a summer day and doing what she loves, and does best.
I know I did.




1 comment:

  1. Great picture of you Mom!!! What a sight to see you and Sizzle on the streets of West Seattle!

    ReplyDelete