Friday, August 18, 2023

Sweater weather

 


What a difference a day makes. The marine clouds moved in overnight finally bringing relief from the heat spell. Way down in the 50's this morning, and today a high of only 75. It is a remarkable feeling, a very unique Seattle thing, laying in a sweltering bedroom with the window open when the natural air conditioner suddenly switches on and cool, fresh air pours in the house. 

Anyway, we were busy early this morning making some corn salsa. Lots of work for just 4 pints, but hopefully this is better than what you can buy. Trader Joes has a corn salsa, about $4 for a tiny jar, and it's as sweet as candy. 

Also computer issues. I've been in denial about the age of my Mac laptop but the writing is in the wall. I don't know if it's related to senility (the computer, me, or both) but the Photos app is acting up. I can't find any photos in there more recent than 2015. Arg! We are talking about many thousands of pictures, obsessively organized into folders and albums.  Fortunately I have the images "somewhere else" on the laptop, they are not actually lost, but thinking about losing my labor intensive catalog scheme is making me crazy.



No comments:

Post a Comment